16 November 2017

I am in India with the children again!

 I left home on November 5th and for a change entered through Mumbai for the first time since 1998. This because I had been invited to stay as a guest of the gentleman who pays the salary of the doctor who visits the HIV+ children and hospice patients once a month or on call when needed in an emergency. The airport had become much larger and more efficient and I had the luxury of being met and transported to my friend's family residence.
With three suit cases I decided to make the journey to Visianagaram by train despite it being one of 33 hours. I had several interesting fellow travelers so the time went quickly and they offloaded my luggage where Mahesh and the BF driver China Rao were waiting for me. Luckily the train was only half an hour late as it was nearly midnight.

 I had to wait until Monday to be taken to Prem Nivas  but en route I met Victor at DMC House and attended a prayer meeting conducted by the children in the new upstairs room.
The large upper room is used for morning assemblies and for video presentations



Here I renewed acquaintance with some of the degree students including Sandeep and Vasavi who are in their final years.

 Several of the girls  present there were embarking on nursing courses, both general nursing GNM and B.Sc Nursing degree courses.
 A tour of the new offices and kitchen followed -  all very pristine with new paint and tiles.

















Prem Nivas was next on the agenda. I was                                                                                               greeted enthusiastically by  high school students                                                                                     (in their lunch break)
and the primary aged children from Brighter Future's own school.



The art work was Sampat's.









The little ones  were waiting to greet me with a mala of marigolds.

How the had grown!   I had a bit of trouble remembering some of their names - at my age I forget many words. However, with a first letter provided, I managed to get everyone's name at the second try.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
There were two new little faces since last  March, Lavanya and Jagan!


Little Prabhas was found the next day enthuiastically copying a story in what to him was a comfortable position!


The children come to my room when they have breaks and after school to play games on my tablets! games being maths , tables and reading! They have to be rationed!